Yes, dear readers, I know it’s only the middle of July. But getting a head start on Christmas shopping is both smart and fun. And relaxed. Browsing through the August isses of one of my favorite magazines, Domino, I’m passing on 5 gift ideas all at good prices and in excellent taste.
1. This could be for that difficult-to-shop-for teenage boy: a green and white Finnish dartboard. $48 kioskkiosk.com.
2. Opinel knife from France. This family business has been making knives since 1890. #VRN10 has a folding blade and a beechwood handle. Just under $12. discountcutlery.net.
3. Toy wooden skyscrapers “New York.” The highest one is 4 inches tall. Priced at $14 for 14 pieces. Muji Soho. 212.334.2002.
4. Thick canvas storage bin with handles in a chic black and white bead print. 12.5 x 8 x 10.5 inches. Regular price is $98 but if you buy the magazine there is a special offer to get 20% off (page122). hableconstruction.com
5. A doormat made of recycled flip flops! Very nice design. Regular price $89 for the 3 x 5 foot size but there’s also a 20% discount for Domino readers. vivaterra.com
Mixonian also recommends books as gifts and there are four specific recommendations down on the left of the blog. We welcome other gift ideas from readers. Happy Friday!