The following comes right out of The Three Only Things by Robert Moss. It is truly a delightful book:
A dream can be an adventure playground, a jungle gym, a night school (and a flight school), a garden of heavenly delights, a place of encounter with the more-than-human, a portal into the multiverse. A dream is a place, as the Egyptians understood very well. It may be a place of beauty or terror. It can be a place of healing, initiation, higher education, and outrageous fun.
If we are losing our dreams, we are closing off worlds of possibility, entertainment, and learning.
Of all the gifts of dreams, for me the most important are the nine powers of dreaming we’ll now unfold.
1. We solve problems in our sleep.
2. Dreams coach us for future challenges and opportunities.
3. Dreams hold up a magic mirror to our actions and behavior.
4. Dreams may tell how us what we need to do to stay well.
5. Dreams are a secret laboratory.
6. Dreams are a creative studio.
7. Dreams help us to mend our divided selves.
8. Dreaming is a key to better relationships.
9. Dreams recall us to our larger purpose (30-31).
Kinda makes you want to take a nap so you can dream a little. Wishes for a super Friday!