The capacity to develop close and enduring relationships is the mark of a leader. Unfortunately, many leaders of major companies believe their job is to create the strategy, organization structure and organizational processes — then they just delegate the work to be done, remaining aloof from the people doing the work.
- How can I help _________ (insert name of subordinate/prospect/client) be more successful?
- Who are 10 people with whom I’d like to build closer relationships?
- How can I create more “wow” experiences for my people at work?
- What can I do for myself to rekindle my enthusiasm/joy?
- Which tasks and meetings can we eliminate, or have less frequently?
- How can I increase my production of optimism?