This is what top marketing expert Seth Godin, author of Tribes and other best-selling books, has to say about confidence: All the evidence I’ve seen shows that positive thinking and confidence improves performance. In anything.
Research strongly supports these findings about people with higher self-confidence. They are…
· Higher performing
· Better at setting and respecting boundaries
· Saying “no” effortlessly
· Selling more with less stress
· Taking better care of their bodies
· Avoiding manipulation and being manipulated
· Taking more calculated risks
· Making more money
· Taking more time off
· Magnetically attracting like-minded people to them
· Enjoying richer, more fulfilling lives
So, why aren’t more of us so self confident?
The answer is because we’re often so comfortable with what we have, we prefer our rut to the unknown.
And change, even the most positive, brings collateral effects which are not totally predictable.
Another reason is what we’ll call the crab factor: when one crab gets uppity and tries to leave the bucket, the other crabs will pull him down.
The older you get, the more you see how the reasons we used to play small were so silly. Aren’t you glad you’re past that now?