MIxonian Institute exists to serve you in your work. You know how when the environment is supportive and you feel appreciated, your best work comes out! Well, communication, yours and your team's, has a lot to do with the neurophysiological states (fancy word for the mojo or lack thereof) at work. Emotions are highly contagious and traditionally emotional states are ignored in most management training. You can learn how to manage your own and the emotions of others through solid communication practices. That in turns up raises the level of engagement and alignment at work. The reality is, better communication means more profitability!
The 2012 Towers Water research study study confirms that financial performance and effective communication are strongly related: Companies that are highly effective at communication are 1.7 times more likely to outperform their peers.
Corporate communication training isn't what it used to be! You won't have to read boring manuals or listen to tedious exercises. You'll be speaking, writing, acting and reflecting when you participate in a Mixonian Institute workshop.
According to researchers Cathy N. Davidson and David Theo Goldberg in "The Future of Learning Institutions in a Digital Age," the learning experience has been transformed. Mixonian Institute exists because of that change. It used to be that only the elites had access to leadership communication and executive coaching, but now it's needed at all levels of the organization.
Our programs are never cookie-cutter, full of hokey jargon or corporate speak. Training through Mixonian Institute delivers heavy doses of creative energy, authentic realism and is backed by credible research.
Mixonian's programs are ideal for these groups:
- Sales professionals
- Women in management
- International and Virtual work teams
- Newly-promoted managers and executives
- Administrative professionals
- Nurse managers
Are your employees distracted, feeling overwhelmed or not really there? (Are you, or people you work with physically present but emotionally check out at work?)
Do you want your team to communicate with more clarity and confidence? In thousands of research studies, no employee has ever noted that their boss communicated too much or too well. Ever.
Work with professionals who could use a bit more polish for the executive suite?
Not sure if you're really getting the right message across?
Mixonian offers several types of achievement programs:
1. Communication/Mindset Workshops for High Achievers (and private coaching) for goal-setting, visioning and advanced achievement.
- Show the interdependence between our thinking and our actions
- Powerful communication techniques (especially for communication under pressure!)
- Program your mind for unprecedented levels of achievement
- Be the most confident person in any encounter
2. Mindful Conversations program
Mindful Conversations maps emotional intelligence to a set of practical and proven communication skiills and other leadership tools that anyone can learn and develop.
- Reduce stress; increase well-being
- Heighten focus and creativity
- Develop positivity and resilience
- Better relationship building and maintenance
- Performance, productivity and engagement
- Listen for both meaning and emotion
- Develop self awareness that leads to self confidence
- Strengthen empathy, compassion and trust.
3. Intrepid Executive World Tour e-Course: a radical new leadership program for women in management only. This program was just launched January, 2013 to rave reviews. Participants learn new leadership and communication tools while on a virtual tour of 5 major cities: Charleston, New York, London, Paris and Buenos Aires. The program includes 5 weekly conference calls, some with guest expert speakers in organizational skills and professional image services.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 843-882-5135 for additional information
The juicy story about me. Some people call me the "communication whisperer." Former academic, public speaking and leadership coach, writer, entrepreneur and mother of 3 awesome kids and 1 stepdaughter! I went to Sweet Briar College, where I studied Spanish and Economics, got my MBA at University of Dallas and PhD in Communication Studies at Regent University. I am a bilingual, multicultural expert on charisma and leadership with extensive research on the communication success of Venezuelan President, Hugo Chavez. I have lived and worked in 4 different countries, always writing and teaching better management, life and communication skills. I've taught in corporate environments, universities (ECU and College of Charleston,) high schools and even homeschooled for several years. I am the former editor of Management Perspective, based in Caracas, Venezuela and a former facilitator for the Stephen Covey Group also in Caracas. I speak fluent Spanish.