* Note that while there are at least 99 reasons why you should wear Chanel lipstick, I’m only going to write about 9 of them. Just so you know. Right now I’m writing wearing a chic golden Chanel lipgloss at the very chic Barnes & Noble in Mt. Pleasant. The reason I am writing here is that the very un-chic Comcast has not yet installed internet in my new home office. So, it’s back to the pioneer days with cyber-cafe internet service. I’m having a chai latte because they don’t have those healthy Vivanno drinks here. It’s kinda like I was all dressed up to go to 5:30 mass and my sister called right when I was heading out the door and I knew God meant for me to talk to her for 1 and 1/2 hours instead.
And just as an aside I think you should know that the healhiest dessert at Barnes & Noble is the Rice Crispy treat. Which is what I’m having for dinner. I have an excuse from healthy meals having no refrigerator in my house yet. (It’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow.)
Why you should wear Chanel lipstick, for goodness’ sake: You should know that I’m not getting any commission on your Chanel purchases but should Karl dahling Lagerfeld decide to call me from Paris to say, for example, merci beaucoup, cherie, I’d be fine with that.
1. If it’s good enough for Catherine Deneuve, what else can you ask for?
Actually it’s common knowledge that all chic women wear Chanel lipstick. It’s not your daughter’s lipstick.
2. It lasts a very long time. Even if you talk, like forever.
3. They have incredible colors. Really. And the colors make you look better, it’s not a mish mash of crazy colors that look fantastic….until you paint it on your lips.
4. Chanel sales people are really sweet. Jessica takes care of me here in Mt. Pleasant. She’s the kind of person I’d hire as my personal assistant only then she wouldn’t be able to sell me Chanel make up.
5. Remember it was Coco Chanel who made good quality costume jewelry chic. And….she was the first person to think about a woman’s comfort in designing lovely clothes. Not to mention she was fabulously successful as an entrepreneur when women just didn’t do that.
6. You will feel great all day. Something about paying for the beautiful packaging, great colors, top ingredients, the design….it’s much cheaper than therapy and probably more effective than talking to a lot of shrinks.
7. Life is short. If you don’t spend $35 on good lipstick, what’s the point? I mean we can’t all afford to fly private jets to private islands, but we can have the absolute best lipstick on the planet.
8. Doing something so fun, when you could of course be sensible and buy Revlon at the grocery store is what makes life juicy. And no one else has to know, except us, of course. 😉
9. You’ll write better. Want your emails to get read, maybe even to zing? Write wearing Chanel lipstick and see if you don’t see any difference.
You can thank me later.
The story behind today’s important lesson is this: At least 6 weeks ago, maybe more, I was visiting Jessica at the Chanel counter to get lipstick and a liner, and she told me about this make-over event they were hosting this week. So, what the heck? 6 weeks out it’s easy to schedule a make over. I knew Ruben would be here so I imagined our going out to some divine restaurant to celebrate my newly-painted beauty. Long story short, Friday night I flew the aptly-named "red eye" to Charleston (via Miami), took a nap and literally drug my tired body to the Chanel counter yesterday to get beautified. Truly I did not feel like it. But getting makeovers is important to feel great about yourself. So, I looked fantastic, went home to show Prince. He really didn’t seem to notice any difference; Ruben is out of town, as our my kids. But it was SO TOTALLY worth it.
What’s your favorite make-up story?