1. Being grown up means you get to think for yourself. So do so.
2. You know better than everyone else what’s best for you.
3. Your dreams are calling you.
4. Don’t do for your kids what they can do for themselves.
5. It’s not selfish to crave time for yourself. (Unless you already live in a cave.)
6. You work for yourself, even if you’re an employee.
7. Your health is largely in your own hands.
8. There is no rescue team coming to save you.
9. Go where you are celebrated, don’t stay where you are tolerated. (Thanks, Bob Beaudine, for this wording!)
10. The problem with your troubled relationship is not the other person.
11. You know so much more than you think you do.
12. Miracles really are out there.
13. Your life mostly plays out the way you expect it to.
14. It’s always profitable to look for the best interpretation in all situations.
15. Be glamorous. Every day. (Thanks, Rachel Zoe.)
16. You are as happy as you decide to be.
17. Money doesn’t buy happiness, neither does poverty.
18. It pays to be organized and orderly.
19. Look out for unexpected income and you’ll find it.
20. Create beauty that inspires you.
21. Criticizing invites more criticism.
22. Money is replaceable; time is not.
23. Making decisions proactively is voting for yourself.
24. The people who annoy you are actually your best teachers. (I know that’s annoying!)
25. Patience really is a virtue.
26. If your goals aren’t written down, then you’re not clear about what you want.
27. Moving forward means making mistakes.
28. Paths are made by walking. Every day.
29. Complaining brings more of the same.
30. Exercise is essential.
31. Your habits can get you through anything.
32. Laugh more often.
33. If you’re stuck, get someone to help you. This could be a coach, a stylist, a personal organizer, but that’s the kind of investment that always pays off.
34. Dressing well costs less than what you think.
35. Drink more water.
36. If you don’t love it or use it, throw it out.
37. Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
38. Chic = attitude + details.
39. No one except yourself, listens that closely to what you’re saying.
40. Give people permission not to like you. It’s a free country.
41. The more confident person wins.
42. Take the time to listen to yourself.
43. Play to your strengths and outsource the rest.
44. Your journal is your untiring therapist and cheerleader.
45. Invest in yourself.
46. Do something just for the fun of it.
47. Life is short.
Got anything to add? Please share!