Quick, name your most valuable asset! Is it your home, your 401K, your car, your job, your jewelry, or your business?
And the correct answer is…..None of the above. The asset that is always going to produce the most Ben Franklins for you…is you. Furthermore, your home is probably not an asset in that it is not putting money in your pocket. So, how can you, the metaphorical goose, produce more and better golden eggs?
11 Practical Ways to Care for that Goose Who Lays Your Golden Eggs:
1. Extreme self care. (duh…but I had to include it.)
2. Improve your public speaking skills. Try Toastmasters or Dale Carnegie, or hire a coach.
3. Join a writing group.
4. Stand up straighter and higher. Yoga classes can help with this.
5. Raise your financial IQ. (My fave for this is Robert Kiyosaki, and a lot of my friends love Dave Ramsey.)
6. Hire a coach to help you restructure your life. It’s awesome to have a personal positive sounding board, who’s on your team! (My Life Leadership Camp is a low-priced coaching option.)
7. Go through your closet and get rid of anything and everything that’s not perfect for you.
(True confession, I burned the outfit I had on when someone asked me if my sister was my daughter. Talk about feedback! Even though that happened 15 years ago, I still remember!)
8. Pay yourself first. (Meaning put $ in your investment/saving fund before you pay your bills.)
9. Buy images from i-stock to give your Power Point presentations new life.
10. Start having coffee with a new person each week. (Or you could join a networking group.)
11. Learn something new about marketing. Seth Godin is my man for this but it’s always fun to check out stuff from the library, too.
What are you doing to nurture the goose who lays your golden eggs?