Some reminders why investing in improvement of your presentation skills is a worthy endeavor. While in Versailles a couple of weeks ago I learned about "bene dicere" — which means to speak well and say the good, a quality valued by King Louis XIV, and yours truly.
1. Enhances your social life because you’re now a "good mixer."
2. Improves your memory.
3. There are people in your life looking for you to be the leader.
4. Improves your organization and writing skills.
5. Improves your reading skills.
6. You become better at listening.
7. Improves your interpersonal skills.
8. You become a much better negotiator.
9. Improves your ability to communicate.
10. You feel more self confidence.
11. That’s how you become the recognized authority in something.
12. Oral communication is the #1 skill desired by employers.
13. You might become king or queen. 😉
14. You get promoted more frequently.
15. You make more money.
16. Get back all the time you spend worrying about your lack of public speaking ability.
17. It’s fun to talk to a group.
18. To bring about any kind of change, you must get the word out to people.
19. Speaking before a group is still, by far, the most powerful communication out there.
If you haven’t already, you may want to download my FREE report, The Top 7 Presentation Mistakes and How They Slyly Sabotage You. It’s over on the right.