As promised, free tips about helping you serve others by being the authority in your industry.
1. People prefer to work with the leading authorities. (Even when they say they can’t afford to.)
2, Working with a real authority gives your clients great conversation fodder, aka bragging rights.
3. Carefully define your niche….where you want to have your authority.
4. It’s NOT necessary to get a college degree in your niche….unless you’re a medical professional.
5. You cannot authentically proclaim your own authority; others have to do so for you.
6. It is possible to effectively borrow authority.
7. It’s not about being loud.
8. Learn from the leading authorities in other industries.
9. You cannot be the all-purpose authority across several industries. Choose.
10. It starts from your intention.
11. Part of your authority comes from the people with whom you associate.
12. You have to know you’re here for a reason.
13. You have to let go and clear out physical and relationship clutter.
14. Treat your body as the vehicle for the authority figure you want to be.
15. Negative communication dilutes your authority. Anybody can be the complainer/criticizer.
16. Your fans give you a lot of authentic authority; make it easy for them to get the word out.
17. Authority figures in business charge more, but they also give away a lot of valuable information.
18. A signature way of dressing can indicate your authority.
19. You have to repeat yourself a lot.
20. You can’t be the authority for everybody; decide who want to work with.
21. Hierarchies within human societies have always existed.
22. You have to build your confidence early on.
23. There’s a difference between an authority and a celebrity. Paris Hilton is one, but not the other.
24. Authority figures make life better for their fans.
25. Authority engages people; it’s not about manipulation.
26. Your authority grows when you make it easier for your fans to find you.
27. Real authority is about service.
28. A big mistake in building authority is spreading oneself too thinly.
29. Authority is dynamic, unless you’re dead.
30. Real authority is not arrogant.
31. Building authority changes the world.
What would you add to this list?