Whether you work at home, in a cubicle or in the corner office, developing tools and processes to raise your employees’ and colleagues’ sense of positivity will pay you back, in real profitability! Here are 23 Benefits of Positivity — all overwhelmingly supported by psychological research (Lyubomirsky, King & Diener, 2005.)
23 REAL Benefits of Positivity
1. Lower turnover.
2. Better reports of customer service.
3. Better supervisor evaluations.
4. Lower emotional exhaustion.
5. Higher job satisfaction.
6. Better organizational citizen behavior.
7. Fewer absences from work.
8. Fewer emergency room and hospital visits.
9. More social club involvment.
10. More volunteerism.
11. Others perceive as friendlier, more assertive and more confident.
12. Higher annual salaries.
13. Higher longevity.
14. Fewer fatal auto accidents.
15. Lower incidence of alcohol or other drug abuse.
16. Faster recovery from illness or injury.
17. More likely to be judged worthy of receiving a pay raise.
18. More likely to be judged as creative.
19. More likely to resolve conflict through collaboration.
20. Increased motivation.
21. Better decision-making efficiency.
22. Increased creative thinking.
23. More inclusive thinking toward others.
What do you do to make yourself and others more positive?