Answer: The right core values are the ones that inspire you to be at your best more of the time. Here’s the Core Values list from the legendary Zappos Family, if you don’t have a list of your own company or department or personal core values, consider writing out a list. You could even start right now.
Zappos Family Core Values:
1. Deliver WOW Through Service.
2. Embrace and Drive Change.
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness.
4. Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-Minded.
5. Pursue Growth and Learning.
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication.
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit.
8. Do More with Less.
9. Be Passionate and Determined.
10. Be Humble.
My favorites are #3 and #5, although I would substitute "whimsy" for "fun" for Mixonian Institute. Which ones resonate with you?