Maybe your office lobby doesn’t look like the one in the picture, but the way you feel in your space affects your performance. While my real office is at home, I spend a lot of time in Corporate Land and see a lot of variation in how people personalize (or not) their work spaces.
10 Mixonian Favorite Supplies for Creative Achievers:
1. Non-flourescent lamp (even if the main lighting is flourescent.)
2. Moleskin agenda/journal (something you can write on.)
3. Perrier in the fridge.
4. Nice selection of pens (from Waterman to Sharpies.)
5. Real art on the wall (even if your kid/nephew/neighbor painted it.)
6. Stationery (for whipping out quick thank-you’s.)
7. Scented candle.
8. Business or professional vision board.
9. Wall of achievement (get it out there!)
10. Opportunity radar.
A local high-flyer business consultant is about to install a sheet of plate glass on his wall to artfully replace his white board.
My friend and HR Queen Sally rotates her quilt collection in her office.
Some people listen to music at work. I prefer silence.
What do you do to keep your office productive and inspirational?