Hi there. Today features our second Real Communicator, Sally Hamilton, HR Director at Metrics, Inc. (a pharmaceutical company) in Greenville, NC. Sally was one of the first employees of the Metrics, which opened in 1994. The company was just bought by the publicly-traded Mayne Pharma of Australia.
1. What do you love most about your work?
Well, a paycheck and benefits is most appreciated. The interaction with so many people can be a lot of fun – it can also be very frustrating.
2. How would you describe your communication style?
Casual and direct
3. What’s your communication pet peeve?
The ostrich. Hiding from problems hoping they’ll go away. They don’t.
4. Do you consider yourself andintrovert or an extrovert?
I’m outgoing but not overly so.
5. What kind of training has really helped your team’s performance?
We haven’t experienced any kind of group training so I really can’t speak to that.
6. What’s something quirky at your office?
We are changing ownership … the more things stay the same the more they change.
7. If you could message directly the CEO of your company, what would you say?
Please please please … buck up and get rid of the waste – it’s such a morale deflater to see all the waste and know the CEO and Sr. Mgmt. don’t have the b—s to deal with it (hey! that describes our government! Go figure!).
8. What’s your trick for getting things done?
Lists. Lists. Lists. and Outlook reminders.
9. If you could be teleported to another place and time, where would you like to visit?
There is no place like the here and now … the past had its own set of problems and I’m sure the future will have its problems as well. I’ll stay in the here and now.