I’ve been imagining Ben Franklins raining down on me for years now and so far it hasn’t happened. But reading all the research coming out about brain rewiring, I decided to do an experiment, for the sake of the Mixonian community. If you read much here, you know I like gardening but I’m not that successful at it (yet.) March a year ago, my dad and my son planted (in my yard) 8 beautiful camellias. 5 are still standing and 1 doesn’t look so good. About 3 weeks ago I decided I needed to plant 5 hydrangeas on one side of my back yard. But I didn’t want to buy them, I wanted to manifest them. (Frugalista to the core!)
So it took a few weeks.
This past Wednesday I got the email from a new friend who actually is a gardening master. She had grown too many plants from seed and was giving them away! I stopped by her house Friday afternoon and lo and behold there were, waiting for me, 5 of the most beautiful, healthy, strong and sturdy plants you would ever hope to see. Tomato plants, that is. (Thank you, Chris!)
So I’m not ready to say guarantee that if you imagine something it will appear. But it might. Every time I check my list of Crazy Ambitious goals, I get to cross through one or two.
I just shared with my friend Danielle how I had cut out a picture pair of green pumps (Guys, that’s a type of ladies’ shoe, not a type of pump) in January and pasted the picture in my journal. I totally forgot about it, until I was looking at a pair of green pumps on the computer screen and another friend Gina said, "Oh, those are so you." Obviously Gina’s message was from God so I ordered the shoes right away. And then the next day I saw the page in my journal where I had pasted their picture back in January. (Insert Sci Fi music.)
Here’s the truth about How Your Communication Forms Your Reality:
1. We’re constantly acting, reacting and feeling in response to situations and messages around us.
2. Seldom do we have all the facts. Undeterred, so we make up stuff (subconsciously) to connect the dots to fit our mental structures or paradigms.
Example. Fred looks sad. I think, "Fred doesn’t like me. I wonder why? Guess he doesn’t think I should be on the team."
3. The people around us are constantly responding to our responses. If we feel depressed or down or sad, they feel negative around us. If we feel energetic and victorious, other people want to be around us. If we feel connected to them, they feel connected to us. If they feel we like them, they like us.
Guess which people get the raises, the clients and the business? (Hint: not the Debby downers.)
4. All these other people include our families, friends, colleagues, bosses, prospective customers and investors and everyone we do business with.
5. If they’re responding to our response, it’s up to us to set the standard, to choose our interpretations. You’re never going to know the WHOLE story anyway. So pretend that everyone is conspiring for your good, and you may experience a more convenient reality. Your communication is more powerful than you realize!!