Have things quieted down for you this week? With excitement and anticipation of a fabulous New Year, here’s a list of 16 things I wish for you in this year of Conversation Imagination!
1. May your emails be elegantly structured and concise. (Here’s Write Emails that Get Read you may like.)
2. May you take your big presentation and make it into a real show (i.e. more vividly visual.)
3. May you attempt to do the things you are not capable of doing. Then you’ll become capable.
4. May you consistently end your meetings ahead of schedule with clear decisions made and accountability all around.
5. May you be bold enough to work with the best. “Suppliers are only as good as you are.” Paul Arden
6. May you enjoy delicious and uber healthy lunches and work out even when you’re terrifyingly busy. (aka always.)
7. May you always behave like the winner, even if you get fired. Here’s a post on Mental Toughness.
8. May you be such the outlier that some folks think you’re slightly mad. Here’s help to see a situation from a superior perspective: Tired of Hitting Your Head?
10. May you be present at art galleries and symphony performances and feel completely comfortable with the Humanities as well as the Sciences.
11. May you never claim ownership for your ideas as that way you’ll never run dry. “Don’t solve problems, make them obsolete.” Clotaire Rapaille
12. May you hire a mariachi band if you feel bad vibes coming on. (Read about that here.)
13. May you read at least 24 fascinating books. Here are my favorites read this year in the order in which I read them. Each one is a game changer.
Antifragile: Things that gain from disorder by Nicholas Nassim Taleb
Rethinking Prestige Branding: Secrets of the ueber brands by Wolfgang Shaefer and JP Kuelwein
14. May you invest in a tea trolley for your office. Even if they don’t reimburse you.
15. May you drink champagne not just on New Year’s Eve, but from time to time, just because.
16. May you indulge more in your favorite luxury brand. Or better yet, become your own luxury brand. (Read this for the how to.)
If you didn’t get a chance to enjoy Top 8 Global Culture Tips, click here to download. It’s for you international types and it takes about 10 minutes to arrive to your inbox.
January 29 is…ta da… Leader Communication for Project Managers in Charleston. (Early-bird pricing ends January 7.)