ABOUT CULTURE FIXING
I’m Laura Camacho and I’m a culture fixer. I help companies create a healthy culture and a better bottom line. #getcultured
A healthy culture is where everyone feels heard, understood and valued.
If you’re wanting help to be a more culture-friendly leader, I have a CULTURED! book coming out soon to help you.
For companies, I help make your company culture healthier two ways:
- I will come to your office, listen to what is going on and make a customized Culture Fixer recommendation.
- I offer a suite of Cultured Workshops customized to your company’s particular needs.
If you’d like to know more and see if your company is a good fit for our programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laura Mixon Camacho, MBA, PhD, PMP founded Mixonian Institute in 2009 to offer the world fresh solutions to culture conundrums.
3 scary uncomfortable goals Laura has tackled:
- Living in Caracas, Venezuela, and becoming completely fluent in Spanish.
The first time I moved to Caracas, the Internet had not been invented. Price controls made ordinary products like flour and chicken disappear from the market for weeks at a time. I stretched so much it was incredibly painful but also rewarding.
- Swimming under the Bridge (2.4 mile open water event.)
I have completed this event 5 times and this year I’m hiring a coach to improve my time.
- Starting a company at the age you’re supposed to be paying for your kids’ college.
That was on the heels of an unwanted divorce, in the middle of my PhD program having just returned to the United States. It was the scariest project ever. I learned to just keep moving forward, even if at a snail’s pace.
Partial Client/Audience List
Catalyst Advisors, LP
Charleston Water Systems
Disrupt HR - Charleston
King Bean Coffee
Mayne Pharma USA
Medical University of South Carolina
Meeting Street Schools
Society of Women Engineers
The Indigo Road
Women in Defense Leadership Summit
Women in Industry Day
Veterinarian Hospital Managers Association