LATEST CULTURED NEWS
Competence is not always perfectly aligned with confidence. That’s why communication coaches exist – to help their high-performing clients (often introverts) show up confidently and communicate a compelling message. It’s not that they haven’t tried. Positive statements in the form of mantras can help. Stretching your body can help. Standing up straight is useful. Increasing […]READ ON
Of all the communication conundrums my clients bring me, upward communication is the top request. Whether you’re in person or on a video call, these three easy phrases help you structure what you want to say. And the structure is necessary to sound polished. To help you craft clear and compelling messages for maximum impact […]READ ON
1. Use familiar and easy-to-follow words and short sentences. Use language that is straight-forward.
2. Repeat key words and phrases.
3. Leverage transitions. Make sure they connect what you just said with what you’re about to say.
4. Stick to a clear pattern of organization. This helps the audience retain information.
5. Aim for audience interaction.
6. Avoid jargon, unless it’s known to be familiar to the audience.READ ON