LATEST CULTURED NEWS
You could be preparing for a job interview, and maybe it’s been a while. Maybe you’re getting in touch with former clients to see if you can win them back to your business. Or, perhaps, you’re just putting yourself out there to build your business.
What I’m about to share with you works best when you’re already known at some level. Someone has already recommended you, or the HR people have greenlighted your resume and you’ve made the first or second cut. So, you don’t want to bore people with information that’s on your resume or product brochure.READ ON
Ask for permission to talk.READ ON
Here’s my 6 years of graduate school, in a blog post. 😉
1. Communication is the key to success.
2. Everything about you communicates….something.
3. You cannot not communicate.
4. The medium is the message. (Marshall McLuhan)
5. Words are only 7% of the message.
6. Communication co-creates reality.
7. Communication is the transfer of emotion. (Seth Godin)
8. People appreciate your being clear.
9. What you really gain through good communication is authentic connection with people.READ ON
Communication is a complex affair. It’s not like 1 + 1 = 2. There are so many variables in play, most of which are invisible.
There’s never a perfect presentation or letter; but there are plenty of effective messages.
The interesting part about communication today is that many factors are converging to present new challenges, either related to new technology, or to globalization.
What’s new in communication? Here’s a partial list:READ ON
Keep in mind that the average worker receives 200 emails each day. You may get more than that. So, remember when you’re sending a business-related email, it’s one of at least 200 your recipient is going to have to deal with today. Before hitting send on that next email, go over the items on this list, just to be sure:
1. Is it going to just one person? (If yes, jump to #4.)
2. Since it’s going to a group, think about who all is on the mailing list. Does everyone really want to be included?READ ON